Quality Counts Acquires Traffic Data Collection, LLC (TDC)
We are excited to announce that Quality Counts has entered into an agreement to acquire Traffic Data Collection, LLC (TDC). The acquisition became effective June 24th, 2022. QC will deliver the same level of high accuracy, quality control and assurance as TDC traffic services.
Quality Counts shares the same values as TDC – we both take a customer-first approach to services with a focus on project efficiency and reporting accuracy. This acquisition will allow TDC customers to have access to a number of additional benefits including:
- More branch locations - 12 in total, serving all fifty states and Puerto Rico.
- DataPoint - a new cloud-based SaaS solution designed to give agencies full control over organization and management of their traffic counts and related transportation data.
- Nationwide UAS (drone) and fixed-wing aerial data collection services.
- CARS (Curve Advisory Reporting Service) technology for Horizontal Curve Assessments.
- ADAM (Advanced Data Acquisition and Measurement System) for ADA curb ramp photogrammetry.
- A broad assortment of traditional data collection services made capable by QC’s vast inventory of video recording systems, automatic traffic recorders, side-fire radars, Bluetooth Low Energy detection devices, and much more.
If you have any active data collection projects with TDC, you can expect follow-up communication from Peter Kurtz, COO of Quality Counts, to transition your work and contracts from TDC to QC. TDC will be assisting QC with all company transactions related to our client business projects. Going forward, QC will honor TDC commitments and proposals for the same unit prices for all current projects. All TDC archive traffic data will remain on the Miovision DataLink shared cloud platform for your continued access and will be under the management of QC. We are thankful for and look forward to the opportunity to provide transportation data collection services to prior TDC clientele.
About Traffic Data Collection, LLC.: Traffic Data Collection, LLC (TDC) was a full service and licensed traffic data collection firm, that applied their experience and insight to ensure successful completion of client’s projects in a timely manner and on budget. Since their inception in 1996, TDC conducted over 25,000 traffic studies in which traffic data was used as the basis for important engineering conclusions, safety audits and transportation decisions. TDC was the longest-serving data collection firm in SE Michigan, with over 26 years of traffic data collection experience. TDC utilized the most current technology combined with trained technicians to ensure every traffic study was executed to the highest quality.