QC Acquires Spack Solutions' Traffic Counting Division
We are excited to announce that Quality Counts has entered into an agreement to acquire the Traffic Counting Division of Spack Solutions (formerly TDI, Inc). The acquisition became effective April 16th, 2021. Spack Solutions is retaining the Count Cloud platform and the hardware division.
Quality Counts shares the same values as Spack Solutions – we both take a customer-first approach to services with a focus on project efficiency and reporting accuracy. This acquisition will allow Spack Solutions’ traffic count service to have access to a number of additional benefits including:
- More branch locations - 12 in total serving all fifty states and Puerto Rico.
- Nationwide UAS (drone) and fixed-wing aerial data collection services.
- CARS (Curve Advisory Reporting Service) technology for Horizontal Curve Assessments.
- ADAM (Advanced Data Acquisition and Measurement System) for ADA curb ramp photogrammetry.
- A broad assortment of traditional data collection services made capable by QC’s vast inventory of video recording systems, automatic traffic recorders, side-fire radars, Bluetooth Low Energy detection devices, and much more.
If you have any active data collection projects with Spack Solutions, you can expect follow-up communication from Peter Kurtz, COO of Quality Counts, to transition your work and contracts from Spack Solutions to QC. If you are a current Count Cloud or hardware customer, you will continue to work with Spack Solutions directly. We are thankful for and look forward to the opportunity to provide transportation data collection services to prior Spack Solutions clientele.
About Spack Solutions: Spack Solutions provides engineering expertise and traffic counting tools to more than 3,200 clients in 73 counties and 50 states. The firm exists to help tame congestion and eliminate traffic fatalities. They do this by providing equipment and services to agencies and their consultants/contractors. That data is used to analyze traffic patterns and improve transportation infrastructure in our communities.